Individual sowing element
The individual sowing element is an alternative set-up to determine the total dust load generated by pesticide-treated seeds during sowing.
- Stationary individual sowing element of a Gaspardo ST Stella 300 pneumatic precision drill
- Adjustable rotation speed and vacuum of sowing element
- Two cyclones for dust collection (one between sowing element and vacuum pump and one after vacuum pump) and a collection unit for sown seeds
- Determination of total dust load (g dust/100 kg seeds or g dust/100 000 kernels) as a parameter for the quality of treated seeds
- Evaluation of the effect of seed characteristics and machine settings on total dust load of treated seeds